POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Parallel lights? : Parallel lights? Server Time
17 Aug 2024 16:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Parallel lights?
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 13 Sep 2001 01:48:23
Message: <3ba048a7$1@news.povray.org>
Hey guys,

This is a shot I recently completely and is the last time I will run it
because the render time is simply horrendous.  It's a six engine German
bomber flying at dusk, the sky covered in anti-aircraft flak.  I had two
computers chewing this and it took days.  With the thousands of media
objects combined with the glows and motion blurring, the computer almost
came to a screeching halt.  Anyway, I wanted to have the underside of
the aircraft bathed in orange light.  To attempt this I placed an area
light underneath the aircraft but it left behind unwanted effects.  You
can see the light source in the windscreen when all I wanted was a kind
of evenly spaced orange glow.  Would MegaPov's/3.5's parallel lights
accomplish this?  Any comments on the flak or city lighting?

Skip
sta### [at] uiucedu

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: